Monday, September 10, 2012

Wharton Summer Diaries 2012 - Part 2


From Tiffany Goh at Colgate-Palmolive

This summer I’m interning at Colgate-Palmolive in NYC as part of their Global Marketing Development Program (GMDP). I worked on the Irish Spring brand (focusing on body wash) with the innovation team, or the marketing team that focuses on new products for Irish Spring. I had a breadth of exciting projects that flexed my strategic, analytical, creative and executional abilities – always focusing on our target consumer. As a career switcher from finance and non-profit, I felt challenged (in a good way!) by the work and learned a lot about the business. And it’s great to own real projects and I can’t wait to see the results in the next two years :)

In addition to the actual work, we had plenty of fun social events (wine tour, happy hours, and scavenger hunt – to name a few) and trainings to get to know all aspects of the company. What impressed me the most was how much EVERYONE invests in you. We also had incredible exposure to senior management, including lunch with the CEO and a one-on-one meeting with the COO. Colgate really values the GMDP program and I truly felt welcomed into the Colgate family and integrated into the Company during my time here.

It’s hard to believe I’m wrapping up my internship this week. I’ve really loved every minute of my internship at Colgate and am happy to talk more about my experience here or about CPG in general! Looking forward to meeting you all on campus!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I foresee that you will be a great blogger who will imprint on the growing online masses. All the best for your future. Your information is unique and clear. There is no unwavering words that distract readers like me. Way to go! FYI…checkout buy 1000 youtube subscribers,creative flyer designmarketplaces. You can kickstart your career through these micro job sites. Looking forward to more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete