Monday, September 10, 2012

Wharton Summer Diaries 2012 - Part 1

From Pilar Macdonald at General Mills

Today, I presented my end of the summer final presentation on Trix and Cocoa Puffs. This summer I worked at General Mills in the Kids Business Unit within the Cereal Division for the company. I had an absolute blast throughout the entire summer and thought I would share a little bit about my two projects.

My first project was to determine if the current strategy that the team had in place for Cocoa Puffs was accurate, if so how should the team implement it and if not what should the strategy be? I worked very closely with the Consumer Insights team (i.e. the team that figures out the attributes that our “brand champions” encompass) to better understand our brand champion. I also worked with the creative agency to better understand what are our competitors doing in the space to determine where the opportunity is for Cocoa Puffs.

My second project, was a little bit different than typical intern project due to constrained resources. The team was down an Associate Marketing Manager so I was tasked in stepping into the AMM role on the Trix Brand. This was definitely my favorite part of the summer and I was able to do some really cool things on the brand. I not only worked with our Marketing Manager to develop a new twist to the brand purpose but I also worked with our Communications and Design teams to design an promotional package that will be on shelf starting in January of 2013!

All in all, I had an absolute blast at General Mills! Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to chat about CPG, marketing, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment